Natural Chemistry CYA (Stabilizer) Removal Kit
CYA REMOVAL KIT
Two-part system for reducing excessive levels of cyanuric acid in swimming pools
CYA Removal Kit efficiently removes cyanuric acid from pool water. This revolutionary two-part system works without the need to drain or dilute water from a pool.
CYA Removal Kit takes cyanuric acid (also known as CYA, stabilizer or conditioner) out of pool water. Prolonged use of stabilized chlorine can cause CYA levels to build up over time. CYA Removal Kit reduces high levels of cyanuric acid to help you achieve the ideal range for a swimming pool of 30-50ppm.
- Step 1 is an easy way to neutralize chlorine and bring levels within optimum range for CYA removal process
- Step 2 easily removes CYA with bioactive organic compounds
CYA Remove Step 1
Add CYA Remove Step 1 to reduce chlorine level to 1 -3 ppm. CYA Remove Step works better with the chlorine level on the lower side of the acceptable 1-3 ppm range. You must maintain a minimum of 1 ppm of chlorine during the CYA removal process.*
Directions for Use:
- Balance pool water to the following parameters: Alkalinity: 80-120 ppm, pH: 7.2 -7.8, Phosphates: below 100 ppb.
Note: Water temperature should be above 65 degrees.
- Test chlorine level. Compare to chart below to determine required amount of CYA Remove Step 1 to reduce chlorine level to 1-3 ppm.
- With pool system running, add required amount of CYA Remove Step 1 to the pool water evenly around the edge.
- Continue circulating pool water for at least 4 hours (while prepping the components of Step 2, see that label for more details). Re-test chlorine level to ensure it is in proper range prior to proceeding to Step 2.
Dosing Instructions: 2.5 oz per 10,000 gallons will lower chlorine level by 1 ppm.
*Note: Chlorine can be added gradually as needed to maintain 1 ppm during the process. Do not shock, superchlorinate or add algaecide until after the CYA removal process is complete.
CYA Remove Step 2
This powerful formula reduces cyanuric acid in swimming pool water. CYA Remove Step 2 works efficiently to break down cyanuric acid. It allows for a much easier removal process than draining or diluting pool water.
Directions for Use:
CYA Remove Step 2 treats up to 25,000 gallons of pool water with cyanuric acid levels up to 150 ppm.
- Test CYA level using the test strips provided in this kit.
- Prior to treating the pool, add entire contents of CYA Remove Step 2 to a 5 gallon bucket of warm water (75 degrees F-90 degrees F) and let sit for a minimum of 4 hours. Do not leave bucket unattended, keep mixture out of the reach of children.
- Add mixture to the skimmer with the pool circulation system running. Pools without skimmers can add mixture directly into the pool with the circulation system running.
- Continue running the circulation system for a minimum of 4 hours following application, as well as each day for the next week. Proper water chemistry should be maintained including chlorine between 1-3 ppm.
- Allow 7-10 days to see full results of the treatment, then test the CYA level using the test strips provided. The ideal CYA range is between 30-50 ppm. Reintroduce CYA if needed using Natural Chemistry’s Instant Pool Water Conditioner.